1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blowing Fuses

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by joeman, Jan 29, 2007.

1. joeman

joeman Junior Member

Hi I'm new to forum..wow what a resource!! I recently changed over a EZ mount classic from a 1987 Dodge to a 1997 Dodge Ram...plow is about 6 years old...changeover went smooth...( mounting carton from CPW..Thanks guys!)...HOWEVER!!..went into barn the other day..truck battery was dead..( pretty new battery)I jumped it with a 200 amp batt charger and got it running...when I went to raise plow..nothing..no light even on the controller ( smooth faced four button control with six pin square white plug)..checked the 10 amp fuse and it was blown , replaced it..when I switched the controller switch it blew another fuse, and another... with controller unplugged fuse doesn't't blow?..checked for shorts..can find none and it was working fine when parked a week ago..was wondering if a short is what drained the battery?..then read that it is recommended that power be to keyed power only..I screwed that up!.... there was a tap on an unkeyed fuse that I got lazy and used?..is it possible that I fried the controller with the jump? can I test the controller some how?...would a bad solenoid cause the "contoller fuse" to blow?..any suggestions would be much appreciated Thanks and Congrats on a great Forum...J

2. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Controller Wiring

Check your controller wiring.
    Make sure you did not hook the controller ground to a positive charge.
    If oyu did, you may have fried your controller.

3. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Controller Wiring

Check your controller wiring.
    Make sure you did not hook the controller ground to a positive charge.
    If you did, you may have fried your controller.