1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blowing Fuses

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by B&E snowplowing, Oct 23, 2012.

1. B&E snowplowing

B&E snowplowing Senior Member

Hi all,

I need some help trying to figure out what has gone wrong with my Night Sabre lights from last season up until now....

Last year I had my older Meyer STP 7.5 Installed on my 2000 Silveraldo, everything worked fine all season. I stored the plow and this year when I pulled it out of storage and started to check it over, I blew a fuse at the switch inside the cab that changes the headlights from truck to plow.

I have checked EVERY single connection, I have checked and cleaned all ground wires, and I have replaced the switch itself. I am still blowing the 5amp fuse at the switch inside the cab.

Does anyone have any ideas

Thanks
    Brian

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Did you ck the headlights themselves and see if there blown? What if you turn on the switch without the lights hooked up

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure your DTRL fuse is good as well.

4. B&E snowplowing

Thanks for the replies... I think I may have a bad module. I cut the orange wire that goes from the switch in the truck to the modules, and applies power to each module separately and one module worked fine and the other one blew a fuse, so I think I need a new module.

Does this sound correct ?

The module is only 1 year old, do these go bad.

Thanks for the input
    Brian

5. dieselss

Or you may have an issue with that side lights

6. B&E snowplowing

truck lights work fine, the only issue is when you flip the switch in the truck it blowes the 5amp fuse and then the plow lights do not work.

flip the switch back and the truck lights work fine.

7. dieselss

i know what you are saying,,,but did you unplug the module on that side, turn on the plow lights, and see if the fuse blows?? then plug in the plugs to the module one at a time,,,it could be the wiring still