1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blowing fuses

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by DJs Lawncare, Feb 4, 2011.

1. DJs Lawncare

DJs Lawncare Member

I have a 2005 era Boss 9'2" V plow on a 2005 GMC diesel pickup truck. Yesterday I had to bring my truck in to have a wheel bearing replaced and not when I go to hook up the plow to the truck it keeps blowing the 10 Amp fuse. I didn't have any problems before I took the plow off to have the truck serviced. The shop didnt do anything with the electrical system. Any ideas as to what it could be? :mechanic:
  2. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

I'd check for loose wires. I had my truck into the dealer once and they knocked the fused wire out and didn't know it. Plow had no power at all.
  3. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Was it the pasenger side wheel bearing? Not sure about diesels but isn't the ground on the passenger side on the gassers, maybe they bumped it loose.
  4. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Did they disconnect the battery and not hook the plow connections back up properly?
  5. Kys03Rigger

Kys03Rigger Junior Member

I just dealt with this as well. The fuse is blowing because the plow is drawing too much resistance (duh). This is usually from a few things but after blowing about 17 over the course of the night and 2 trips to the Boss dealer I was about to give up. I decided to clean all my plow connectors and viola! No problems. The plow had lost its grounds and was trying to ground anywhere, thus drawing a ton of resistance and blowing the fuse. If after cleaning try swapping around your relays (they're all the same kind) and if not it might be a plow coil. But I'd start with cleaning the grounds.
  6. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

What did it end up being?