1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blowing fuses on plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Shanrode, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Shanrode

Shanrode Junior Member

I am running a Boss plow power v. I have been blowing fuses when I use the right wing. It doesn't happen every time. It seems to happen more when the wing is forced back in a snowbank. The left wing doesn't do this and neither does the right. I have followed the wiring and find no exposed wires. Any ideas besides replacing a fuse 10 times to plow a farm out. Just started happening.

2. Snowchief

Snowchief Member

Even if you didn't see exposed copper, maybe the harness is rubbing somewhere and intermittently shorting. That guess is because it's happening when the plow is being jacked around in snowbanks, that could move the harness around. Get a $3 bag of corrugated plastic wire loom protector and slip it over all the wires, if it's an intermittent short the corrugated will fix it, at least for a while.

And if it's a wire abrasion problem you can inspect the wire loom later and see where it's rubbing.