1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blowing fuse under hood

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by walker man, Dec 11, 2010.

1. walker man

walker man Junior Member
    from MN

I keep blowing the fuse new to the battery it had a 10 in it repaced with 15, then a 25. now a 30. Then SMOKE...... what to do next? All plow stores are colsed now its 4.30pm on a sat with the bigest snow storm in MN history. any ideas would be nice.

05 F350
    streight blade Hiniker 8.5 ft
  2. hitachiman 200

hitachiman 200 Senior Member

wow, kinda need to know what the fuse is for in order to offer help? smoke is definitly "NOT" a good sign, probably made things much worse than when you started.as a peice of advice NEVER replace a fuse with a bigger one. reducing ypur rig to a burned out hulk on the side of the road is not very good for the wallet. I always keep a roll of 14 and a roll of 10 gauge wire in the box and a long set of jumpers plus extra fuses and necessary relays. Maybe run a at most $100 in parts to be sure my rig keeps going even at 3AM and a foot of snow. Just like the energizer bunny. I migght have to get out and manualy jump a connection to angle or raise but better than being dead in the water. once rigged a horn button to fool the raise function and fog lght switch to lower. Boss at the time thought i was nuts but it eaned me a raise so all was good.