1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blowing Fuse on 760LT

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Grant01, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Grant01

Grant01 Junior Member

I keep blowing fuses in my power supply wire to the controller. I've cleaned the plug between the plow side harness and the truck side harness, and applied dielectric grease. I checked the ground and it seams OK. The fuse only blows when I use the float control. Left, right, and raise don't blow fuses. The power hitch function that disconnects the plow (toggle lever up) causes the same problem. Any ideas?

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

How old is the plow. S5 is know to go bad, If it has S7 also that is another one to check.

Will blow when put in float. you can use a Western Coil to test it. If it still blows then you need to check you plug for water / ice.

3. Grant01

Grant01 Junior Member

The plow is a 2004. I'll check the S5 and S7 when I get home tonight. Thanks