1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by peteo1, Dec 8, 2014.

1. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Never used a snow blower for a skid loader. There's a few around here on Craigslist for what I would think is a decent price. Obviously I wouldn't be using it this season unless something falls in my lap but I do have some questions. Does my skid need to have high flow to run it properly? Also what is a good brand to go with? How do you guys charge for it, regular machine rate or upcharge for the blower? As far as the ones I've seen for sale, one is a bobcat brand and the other is caterpillar. I'm just starting to do my research on them so forgive my ignorance on the topic. Thanks in advance
  2. peteo1

70 views and not one response? Cmon man
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Your skid don't have to be high flow.
    There's my contribution

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

What are you mainly looking to use it for?

Driveways, sidewalks, blowing back piles etc......??
  5. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

We had one and never ended up using it, sold it a few years ago
  6. nyhog

nyhog Junior Member

Depends on what you are using it for. I purchased 72" bobcat and s650 bobcat this year, after tons of research. For my application- only highflow equipped machine would be capable. Only used it on one storm so far. Very wet and heavy , about 10 inch storm. Worked perfectly, did exactly what I needed it to. Make sure you size blower to your hydraulic output( most important)
  7. mnguy

mnguy Member

We have one that we use for walkways when it gets real deep in open area's. Its an erskine brand not a high flow and works fine. We do a couple quarter mile walkways that in the open gets through 3 feet of snow with drifts. Dont get me wrong it takes a while but works great for the application. I included a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=921gOcpVVv0
  8. peteo1

I was looking for a blower since we're looking into more hoa work. Honestly I hadn't thought about using it to blow piles back. I was sort of thinking about using it on driveways and if it's worth it vs using a plow/pusher/snow bucket. Using the bucket to do drives I'm not a big fan of as I think it would do a lot of damage.
  9. XYZSnowPros

XYZSnowPros Member

10. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

I actually was just talking to a guy in town here about hydraulic blowers. Basically what he told me is he wished he had bought a hi flow model. 2 others I've talked to also say that. As far as charging it, I'd charge more with the blower personally. Bobcat charges just about as much as the loader itself to rent out, so I'd say there is a starting point.

That'd be if I was using it for blowing back snow piles or really drifted areas.
  11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

We do a decent amount of drives with a skid steer, and have been considering the same setup the last couple yrs. Some info I've gathered in my research - make sure your matching the machine hyd capabilities with the hyd motor on blower properly & bigger isnt always better...having a blower that just covers your track/tire width is good.