1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blowers on residential driverways

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jg244888, Sep 22, 2009.

1. jg244888

jg244888 Senior Member

Im hoping to do 10 driveways this year with a Toro 2450. Do you think i could get these done in 3 hrs there all 4 car (2 wide 2 deep)? Is a blower too lound to do in the early moring?
    Thanks for the help!!
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

My neighbours complain about my truck when I leave at 2am.

How close together are these houses? Where in Toronto are you or are you outside Toronto?
  3. jg244888

jg244888 Senior Member

Im right in toronto yonge 401 so there pretty much right next to eachother. Thansk for all your help the last few days been calling hd to finde a new blower there all sold out of 2450.
  4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

They had some in Newmarket. Did you phone there? You could do those in 3 hours no problem.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

it shouldnt be too loud. the snow kind a muffles the sound
  6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

You can do them in 3hrs. or less. Make sure you have spare parts for that blower as you will beat the hell out of that thing! ( Paddles, scraper bar, and belts )
  7. jg244888

jg244888 Senior Member

called everywhere going out to barrie got one on hold!! what woutl you charge for each of those drives?
  8. dunlaps lawncare

dunlaps lawncare Senior Member

i did 10 last year in 3 hours or so