1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blowers, how close?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by gotgetter, Oct 13, 2001.

1. gotgetter

gotgetter Banned

I tried the search, but couldn't really figure what key words to use so I didn't come up with what I was looking for.

So here go's.
    I've never used a snowblower/thrower at all.
    I wondering how close do they get down to the surface?
    Am I correct that a single stage gets closer then a two stage?

Thanks.

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Most John Deere two stages snowblower models can be adjusted from 1/8" to 2" above the surface.

3. rick barnes

rick barnes Member

how close

I use Toro snow throwers for walkways, and to get in close to doore,etc.
    They will get right to the pavement, and will even break up packed down areas and throw pretty good. They do a great job on the smaller areas, better than the larger 2 stage that we use.
    We will use these rather than a stick plow, they are faster, and not as hard to operate
    Using the throwers like we do, keeps the clients happy, and adds to the $$ line of the bill.
    In my area there is a small company that does office cleaning, lawn mowing, and other small maint. jobs. Last year he added snow blowers to his list of things he does, and keeps them busy.I see his people on lots doing the close-up blowing that the plowing contractor does not want to do, or doesn't know this is another charge item to the $$ line
    I have a couple of high school kids that will help with this,to keep the plow drivers going.

READY TO PLOW

RICK

4. coyote bill

coyote bill Junior Member

The one I have on my tractor has adjustable skid pads on it. The closest it will get to surface is about 1 inch max clearance is about 4 inch, this helps you from picking rocks, bricks, etc.