1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blower/tracterwith plow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jay albers, Nov 29, 2009.

1. jay albers

jay albers Member
    from pa

What do you guys think is quicker and more efficient? A heavy duty snow blower,or a tracter with a snow blower/ plow? For residetal drives
  2. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Tractor 55-95 hp with an inverted snowblower.
  3. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Black I was thinking of puttnig an inverted blower on the back of my JD 9630 tractor how do you think I would make out? Oh I was also planning on doing downtown driveways!
  4. leon

leon Senior Member

tractor and snowblowers -my favorite topic

The pronovost PXPL 75 is the right size for your tractor frame and width and it allows you to scrape the driveways bare and pull the snow to where you want to dispose of it just like a plow.

With the hydraulic chute rotator and chute control it is a very fast way to remove heavy snows with precise control and avoiding burying anything by mistake as all the snow can be pulled out of a drive way to bare surface with the hydraulic scraper blade and then the snow can be blown away for disposal.

The pronovost folks have a very well done video of the PXPL blower under actual use showing how easy it is to use and how quickly it cleans a driveway to bare surface.

There are quite a few members on the forum here who use them for snow removal.

Disclaimer: I do not represent or have an financial interest in Pronovost Farm Equipment

5. jay albers

jay albers Member
    from pa

I just need somthing to plow little driveways. Do I really need somthing with 55hp? yeah im sure it would be nice.

I was thinking like a john deeer tracter with say a 19hp/with plow/or snow blower attachment vs a say a craftsman snowblower with a 10hp
  6. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

Heavy Duty? Gotta remember, some guys on here have huge operations and heavy duty is 150hp-200hp tractors with dual auger blowers with 12-18ft wing blades.....:salute:
    How many drives? A cab will mean the world to you and if it has heat you'll think you have a cadillac. That small of a tractor I'd go with the blower attachment so you can throw the snow. A snowblower will be a PITA halfway through winter. However either of your options, don't plan on doing more than a couple an hour if you get any accumulation.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  7. leon

leon Senior Member

snow blowers etc.

I thought you wanted a higher horsepower blower?

and not knowing what your budget is; well anyway if driveways are the issue- which will lead to a lot of sidewalk jobs for you;

A Kubota 2660 with the high end Lauren cab which is better soundproofing and sealing against noise, with the cab heater and front and rear wipers, a kubota radio, as well as the high output alternator for additional high wattage work lights like the Northern Tool "combine light bars" etc. lots of light with no shadows.

The high end cab is either the ex or el model I don't remember which is which etc. but they have a great web page. www.laurentractorcabs.ca I think.

Having a front or rear blower or both as well as a front end loader and or rear blade will get you a lot of work clearing drives and sidewalks.

You should check the www.tractorbynet.com web page to read about the Kubota 2660 compact utility tractor as the people who own them are very happy with them.

Pronovost makes a front end loader mounted snow blower but you would need a PTO powered hydraulic pump and reservoir on the rear of the Kubota or any other tractor for that matter to power it as the typical tractor hydraulic reservoirs are too small really for the job.

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in Pronovost farm equipment or Kubota Corporation.
  8. jay albers

jay albers Member
    from pa

thanks for the info guys