1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blower or spreader whats makes more sense for me?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by DAVID1963, Nov 18, 2007.

1. DAVID1963

DAVID1963 Member

i am from the lansdale area and just starting a new landscaping/snow plowing business this year,what would you do as far as using a snow blower or not,i was going to use a walk behind spreader for drives and walk ways and a snow blower for walks or do you think i should invest in a tailgate salt spreader and leave the blower behind? I dont know how i could take a blower on my truck if i have a tailgate spreader because i dont want to use a swing away mount for the spreader do to having to put holes in my truck bed for mounting and lifting my blower in and out of the bed would be a bit too much. what do you guys do? any advice would be appreciated,by the way i have a few leads that say they would want their walk ways cleared as well as lots salted?
    thanks alot Dave!
  2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I can spread salt A LOT faster than I can shovel snow. Blower over spreader any day.
  3. DAVID1963

DAVID1963 Member

"anyone Else"

Anyone else with any suggestions
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Get the blower. You will do more snow removal then you will spreading sand. Plus if you need to sand something you can always do it by hand. (on sidewalks anyway)