1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blower or pusher?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by DaySpring Services, Oct 1, 2007.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Im just curious which would be faster with a skidsteer at this location. Blower or pusher? I wasn't sure how fast a blower would be on something like this, or if it would be too much to blow. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=43738

2. VAhighwayman

VAhighwayman Senior Member

Definetly pusher..get in..push..get out..unless it's the only contract you got and they pay by the hour...then the blower looks good.. you get yourself a decent skid steer and a 8-10' pusher..and a truck with a blade..you'll have something

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The blower will be slow and higher in maintenace cost then the pusher. Steel trip edge pushers really scrape the pavement better then rubber ones but both are very productive for that site.

4. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I would pull out the drives with a bucket then slip on the box and take it to the end bigger is always better when buying skidloaders we run mostly s300's the newholland ls190's will push more but alot louder in the cab not as warm I feel like im in an old combine when i run the newhollands

5. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Are the NewHollands newer equipment noisy too ? We need to lease a machine for a site this year for a 10' pusher. We were looking at the s300. LS190, and the Gehl 6640. I had heard the Bobcats didnt push as well as some of the other comparable machines. The Bobcat is also the highest price. My local Bobcat dealer said he had some used S250's I could lease as well but I was concerned the s250 wouldnt push the 10' pusher box. any thoughts ?