1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blower only runs on prime

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by clark lawn, Dec 27, 2009.

1. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i have an Airens snow blower single stage. i the last time we used it halfway throught he night it started stalling out, now it will only run when you prime it. it will fire and run for a few seconds then die, plug is good, pulled bowl off and float moves up and down and gas flows when float drops. any ideas before i take it to the shop?

2. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Your carb is plugged up...Did you leave old gas in it that evaporated?...That will leave a varnish and plug up passages......Carb needs to come off, taken apart and cleaned out.

3. 4speed

4speed Member

Could be Water in the gas. I use a little dry gas in mine to prevent freeze up.

4. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

im thinkin dirt or varnish in the carb too. doubt its water i filled the other 2 blowers with the same can and they run fine.