1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blower on a skid - Yes/No

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by jvm81, Aug 16, 2009.

1. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

I run bobcat and the local dealer has one traded in from a city that never used it but maybe 1-2 times. I have an S185-S250. 60 incher I beleive and a bobcat brand. Yeck - the inside of machine has very little rust, original cutting bar and relatively cheap. But is it worth it. Small commercial and alot of residential. Uitility tractors, skids, 5 trucks with plows.
  2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I have seen them used, never personally. They look really good at blowing back piles, don't know how well they would do blowing in a parking lot... They might work well in residentials.
  3. NBSnowGuy

NBSnowGuy Member

I've also been wondering how these might work. You'd certainly have to have a good working float on the loader. I've also been wondering how a blower might work on the front of a backhoe.
  4. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

We have a CAT 248 with an erskine blower on it, works real well. Just have to make sure you have the high flow hydraulics to power one.
  5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Guy runs a blower on his here. Works great.