1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blower motor ?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PTTP08, Dec 31, 2010.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

I have a 92 chev 3/4 ton WT. My blower has 4 speed settings and it only works on the top 2 I would like it to work on the lower 2 settings. I dont have ac and my controls are the sliding/cable type it is a real basic system. I found the blower motor so that is a good thing. Do these systems have the resister you all talk about? if so where is it?Is it in the blower motor or is it on the fan switch it self? I looked in my chiltons and it does'nt say nothing about a resister and it only shows you how to take the motor out and there is not a trouble shooting section whick blows donkey di@#. Thanks much guys/gals

2. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

The resistor should be right next to or very close to the blower motor. There's 3 wires going to it: yellow, tan and purple. Any parts store should have the resistor.

3. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

check! I just found it right behind the glove box. It dam near smacked me in the face it is right there. I changed it still the same thing going on 2 top speeds and no lower speeds. So I am going to replace the blower motor switch.We will see how many beers it takes to do this project. Than if that don't work well we just replace the blower motor.Is there anything else after that?

4. QuadRacer041

QuadRacer041 Senior Member

I have an 06 2500hd my colors are red purple and black? Resistor looks like 1.5" x 3" would that be it?