1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blower issue

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by WilliamOak, Feb 16, 2010.

1. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I am not getting any air movement on the first 3 settings. No AC or Heat, blows strong on the 4th setting and I get nothing on the rest. All positions work on the 4th setting but again I don't get anything on the other 3. Any ideas?
    I tried my best to describe it right lol.

2. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

sounds like a resistor if the newer dodges have those.

3. WilliamOak

I have absolutely no idea on this, most things I can put my finger in the general area of the problem but this I just have no idea..

4. Evanbrendel

5. WilliamOak

Would it go out partially, therefore causing me to only get the 4th setting? This looks like a retardedly easy fix!

Almost too easy.... lol

6. Evanbrendel

yes thats the symptoms of it lol

7. Dirty Jersey

Dirty Jersey Senior Member

Yes they are notorious for those problems you should be able to access thru the glove box. Or just underneath there is a little access to it.

8. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes it is your resistor, my 2001 Dodge diesel did the same thing. The resistor is what slows the fan speed, if it fails it only works on high setting.

9. WilliamOak

Wow, this is awesome lol. Pretty cheap and simple, just the way I like it!