1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blow lost power after spark on frame mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by markjenna, Sep 20, 2013.

1. markjenna

markjenna Junior Member

I have a boss v plow on my 2000 Chevy. I went to hook it up and there was sparking at the mount. The blow controller is on and the lights are on but can't get red light to come on and the plow won't move. Any help would be great. Thanks. Mark.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a bad grounding issue

3. markjenna

markjenna Junior Member

I would agree but, is there a fuse that runs the plow other than the relays? I don't have any power for the plow but lights and turn signals work.

4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

The only reason you got sparks at the frame is you have a bad ground. Check the 2 wire plug at the bumper. Then chase it back to the battery and forward to the plow motor. Clean both sides of the connection and spread the male ends.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

x2 on the ground,,,

6. brettz28

brettz28 Junior Member

Ground Issue

I too have the same problem. I have heard that the main power/ground cable can go bad. Any word on this? I would rather not purchase the cable if I don't need it or there is another issue. All of my connections look clean and good.

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Did you physically ck the connections? Don't guess. Grab them, wiggle jiggle. Look into the ends

8. brettz28

brettz28 Junior Member

I did wiggle and move the ends, but it did not seem to make any difference. Is typically the ends the issue?

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Yes there is a fuse ,check it or just replace it,

10. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

yep, one of ours did that 2 years ago.