1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blow a line

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by chuckyj95, Apr 2, 2008.

1. chuckyj95

chuckyj95 Junior Member

The very last storm on the very last push I blow a line and coverd my jeep and drive way in hydrolic fluid (break fluid). The question is spring is here and all my money is going elts were how long can I what intill I repair the line before i do more damage? Also does anyone know the cost of the line (just a estiment) on the right line on a unimont?

Thanks
    Chuck

2. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

9.00 so just fix it but if you aint running it it dont matter

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

$10 bucks for the replacement line and some fluid. 20 minutes to fix.

BUT, I hope when you refered to "brake fluid" you didn't mean that the pump was filled with actual brake fluid. If so a full system flush and clean and replacing with the correct fluid is in order.

4. chuckyj95

chuckyj95 Junior Member

Thank you I will get the fose and fluid next week. thanks for the corection on the fluid I could have swarn it sead dot 3 but you are right thank you
    Chuck

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your possibly thinking of "Dex III" Chuck... which of course is Dexron III transmission fluid, and at one time a Western recommend fluid. :)

6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Thats what I was thinking also...

7. tuna

tuna Senior Member

If you covered your jeep in brake fluid you would bbe going for a new paint job as well.BTW why does everybody spell brake "break"?

8. Indy

Indy Senior Member

SPRING "break"???:jester: