1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Block heater

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Avitare, Nov 28, 2007.

1. The 95 Bronco 351 that I am using for the first time and mine for only
    a few months, has a block heater. Looks like it is in a freeze plug.

Found it while rebuilding the starter.(by others)

How many watts is this heater??

Has any one used one of this type.??

thanks
    tc

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Probably an add on. Unless you can find the name on it your probably out of luck on info.
    I never have a problem starting mine in the cold. If your going to plow with the truck get an extra ignition key and leave it run between pushes. The starters seem to absorb heat and even with enough power they slow down. Then your sitting at the gas pump waiting for it to cool down.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Most of the freeze plug style block heaters are around a 1000 watt. I had one on my old 79K20 with a small block. It worked good if you plugged it in a few hours ahead of time. Most of the aftermarkets ones are made by Zerostat..and can be bought at most parts stores for under $25.00

4. MickiRig1

One real nice thing about block heaters is you have heat right way. When it's so cold the windshield is frosted on the inside it's great to have. I had 2 diesels that had them, 10 below they start first try and have heat.

5. I can leave it run --no worries

I take the dogs along and took out the back seat of the Bronco
    years ago. I made a 'dog box' so the tools , sand stay separated
    from the dogs. And the dogs learned the box was safer than
    the passenger seat when I am plowing.

So, I never have to lock the truck.

Just wondered how many watts. 1000 seems logical.

A beney I wasnt aware of when I found this truck.

thanks
    guys
    tc

6. MickiRig1

My Dog lies on the front seat and he braces his paws so he does not fall off the seat. He loves to go plowing. I get out to shovel and he does security patrol after he makes some yellow snow. Being a Shapard / Rot mix most people don't come close to us.