1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Block Heater Location Bobcat A300

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by millsaps118, Nov 19, 2011.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

My A300 doesn't have a block heater so I picked one up at the dealer. The instructions show pic's of the locations where to install it on various models but the image for mine is nothing close to what I see when I'm looking at my engine. Can anyone tell me where this thing suppose to go?

I don't know the year of my machine but I know it has a Deutz engine not a Kubota.

2. DGODGR

DGODGR Senior Member
    from s/w co

Are you still looking for help on this issue? I have an A300 ('06) model but it has a Kubota diesel (with a block heater). I had an A220 that was equipped with the Duetz power plant. I thought that Bobcat switched to the Kubotas when they came out with the 300. Are you sure you have a Duetz equipped A300? If you find you have a Kubota I can check mine to see the location. I know the plug is right by the dipstick but I'm not 100% sure if the heating element is there too. BTW my 300 starts fine with out the heater. On really cold mornings I will cycle the glow plugs 2x and this seems to work well. The Duetz, on the other hand, would not like to start on single digit temps. Even when using starter fluid.