1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Block Heater in a Cat 232B.....

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Mid-Ohio Scaper, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

I've got a Cat 232B with a Perkins Diesel in it....... Hard cold starts I say! Want to put a block heater in it. Anyone have any experience with this??? Is it hard?

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Same motor as my 247B, it's a hard start even in the summer. I use the glow plugs even when it's 80* for the first start of the day. The block heater is on the right side of the motor on mine, looks like it would be easy to do.

3. siteworkplus

siteworkplus Senior Member
    from mass

whats up with the glow plugs?

4. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

If its anything like my 267 its really easy. Right side of the motor, two bolts and your done. Go to your local CAT parts dept and they should give you the right diagram to install it. Just make sure you have your serial # so they can get you the right part & drawing. BTW if I remember correctly a block heater isn't cheap but then again nothing at CAT ever is.

5. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Funny you mention that..... I was going to add that it's actually gotten harder to start than normal. Are the glow plugs shot? How long do they last? what are the signs?
    We were thinking they might need changed but weren't sure of how to tell.