1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Block Heater Cord

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by wildwillyscapes, Nov 15, 2005.

1. wildwillyscapes

wildwillyscapes Junior Member

Hey guys I have a 2005 F-250 6.0L and I just can not find the cord at all to plug it in. Of course I went to the manual but the idiot that sold it to me gave me the V-10 Gas manual so its not in there. I was wondering if anyone could help me locate it. I have been told that it is wired tied behind the passanger side tow hook but i spent an hour looking and found nothing. Is there any more advice you guy may have on where i could find it?
  2. Jray3369

Jray3369 Junior Member

Not sure if this will help but here it goes. On my 96 it is above the oil filter where it goes into the block. If you find it on the engien hen you can follow it to the front. My body style the block heater was an option and not every truck came with them. You should not really need it seeing your truck is newer unless the temp is like 10 and below. Mine started today not pluged in and it was 25 out and i need new glow plugs. Well thats my .02 Jordan
  3. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Well, not knowing Ford you could call the dealer and ask them where else to look. I would get under it and look at the block where the freeze plugs are- one of the freeze plugs will have a cord stickig out of it (that being you're heater)- follow the cord. Depending on alot of things the cord could be hidden alot of places- Dodges and Chevys seem to have 4 different locations the factory chose to hide them. Also, I have heard of a couple guys buying trucks with block heaters only to find they didn't actually have the heater...
  4. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a plan to me....:nod:
  5. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer Junior Member
    from mtka,MN

I found my block heater cord on the passenger side behind the tow hook.(05 f350) Get underneath and it should be there . It looks different from the plug ins on the older fords. If you have a plow hook up on the truck it might be zip tied out of the way .