1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzrard power plow cutting edges

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by jd$jess, Jan 18, 2011.

1. jd$jess

jd$jess Member

where is the best place to buy blizzard power plow cutting edges it is a 810

2. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

Unless you can find someone local to make them for you, you will need to get them from a blizzard dealer. I would highly recommend running winter carbide edges on them as well, as they will reduce the wear greatly.

3. jd$jess

jd$jess Member

thanks i was hoping someone was making aftermarket ones

4. Lazer Man

Lazer Man Senior Member
    from SW Pa.

they are easy to have made up just go to youe local metal fabricator they can usually fix you right up. Plus its alot cheaper that dealer prices.

Bob

5. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Yes, do that and then add the carbides yourself.

6. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Have new ones made 7" tall. Then weld the old edges to the botton edge making them 1" thick. I was goin through 1 set of stock edges each season. I have one season with my custom edges and they are still 7" ! I just measured them and cant believe it! Hell yeah! Only way to go imo.

7. jd$jess

jd$jess Member

i was told by another guy to weld chunks to the new set but welding the old edge on would look better thanks

8. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Agree. :drinkup: The carbides will be the best investment you can make for the blizzard plow.wesport

9. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

I have to disagree Matt. The best investment for the blizzard is making a trip to Erie, the second best is running carbides!!!:D

10. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

When you got to Erie you get Carbides. I have to have my second LP done this year.