1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzards on Fords...nothing to do but wait

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Raymond S., Dec 7, 2012.

1. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

[​IMG]

Upgraded my truck to another 8611 this year. I like continuity, plus it's the only thing worth putting on a crew cab long bed. Plows, trucks, and salters are all fluid filmed and ready to go. Got it a little thick on the plow to the left, but I'm sure it won't be on there long. Good luck this year fellas. payup

2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Looks nice! I love the looks of the new Super Duty's. Good luck!

3. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking trucks

4. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

looking good, good luck.

5. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Thanks guys. The single cab is actually a 2011. This will be it's 3rd season. The crew cab is a 2000 and it will be changed out before next year to a crew cab short bed. I prefer the SuperDuty as well.

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Looking good Raymond S. I just Fluid Filmed my Blizzard and Boss V today. Hate how it makes them look but it works wonders! Good luck this season.

7. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

White on white!

8. jhall22guitar

I just think the rotator throws of the look, I cant help but think a minibar with a clear lens would look nice one that since it goes more with the white truck, but thats just my preference. Im still jealous of the super duty.

9. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

You are correct. I hate that damn light. Not just cause it's ugly but loud as hell too. I'll never buy another one, but it does throw some light! I just put a magnetic strobe on my truck (easy on easy off.)

10. jhall22guitar

When I first started working a little bit with my Dad on construction sites I got a magnetic rotator for $20 at Bennys, I liked it except I could hear it. I still have it in case I ever need it haha, but I bit the bullet and got a $200 LED mini bar to put on my back rack, no regrets.

11. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

Wait, are those 8611LPs or fullsize?

12. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Those are the lp's. I don't think these would carry the full size. They carry the LP real nice though. The 2000 has an extra leaf up front, drops maybe 1", if that. Rides like a lumber wagon without the plow though.

13. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

That's what I thought, but you didn't specify.

14. LuckyPlower

LuckyPlower Senior Member

Looks good, ready for snow. I'm a fan of the 8611 as well.

15. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Are those 3rd Gen Blizzards or still the old power hitch Blizzard design?

16. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

PHII. One is a 2010 the other just a month old

17. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

They allot easier to hook up then the older ones?

18. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

They're pretty simple. 60 seconds maybe. I prefer mechanical mounts myself. The lift cylinder actually pulls the plow into the truck with the Blizzard. My favorite simplest design is the Western Ultra Mount though. But the blizzard is 11' vs the Western 10'. Plus I've never been a fan of the Urehane edges on the Western.

19. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking trucks! Are you plowing mainly commercial or residential with those?

20. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

We plow almost strictly commercial. Have maybe 15 residentials, just summer customers that request us to plow also. Properties range from large 3 acre factories, small lawyer's office, dental centers, medical offices, etc.