1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzardplow for compact loader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowblower50, Nov 2, 2002.

1. snowblower50

snowblower50 Junior Member

With all the talk about these blizzard plows, has anybody thought about putting one on a compact loader like a schaeff or JCB409? This machine could go down the road LEGALLY,get to the joband either start windrowing or be used as a box plow.:confused:

2. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Jerre Heyer would be the expert on this one.....
    He checks in here regularly and should answer eventually.

3. SLC1

SLC1 Senior Member

Also take a look at the Daniels Wing Plows they do fold in so you can road them around and then open up for plowing lots, they are very heavy duty and not all that bad on price. Just my two cents

4. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

So in your state you don't become an emergancy vehical with a flashing light on top?

5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

SnowGodFather,

And this comes from a man in a state that makes STUDDED snow tires a crime. I know what your saying about flashing light = emergency vehicle. I like PA's law on snow removal equipment. 14'6" in most cases and in some no over width reg for snow removal equip.

As for the loader question I'm not the expert, I just put alot of Blizzard plow's on.

I'm not sure what type of coupler you have on the front of your loader but if you can get a skid steer type universal plate or don't mind sending specs on the attachment geometry for your loader you can get hooked up with an 810 or better yet for a bigger loader the 8611------Goes from 8'6" to 11'3" and is a taller blade for larger vehicles.

I haven't hooked up an 8611 skid steer version yet because we haven't had a customer with a big enough skid steer that wanted one. Have done several 810 skid steers and am currently working on a tractor mounted one.

Jerre

6. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Jerre its strange that you brought up the 8.611. I have a 953 bobcat that I was trying to have equipped with that plow and when I emailed BLIZZARD about it they said they did not make a 8.611 for any skid steer. I was disapointed since I believe a 953 should be able to handle that plow (weighs almost 10k) and had to settle for a 810 (well not that disapointed ;) ).

7. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

JD, The 8611 uses a different manifold than the 810. The 810SS is a high gpm manifold for use with skidders and loaders. They are still developing one for the 8611 on them. In just would cheat and replumb a manifold from an 810SS to do the job. Peter and I talked about that for his loader too.