1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Seaway25, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. mbsa

mbsa Junior Member

I am!!! They are talking about 12" here (central Iowa). I only plow for myself, so no BIG dollars for me! It's been snowing all day and the wind is going to pick up. 30-35 mph winds and gusts up to 45-50. Should be interesting!

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Just starting to ramp up here. 10-14" predicted by the time it's over :help:

4. breadoflife

breadoflife Member

i am on the northern edge... at 1538 CST here, the NWS update us from Winter Weather Advisorie to Winter Storm Warning...

5. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I am in Central WI and they say 6"-9" by me. Yet I bet it will be a bit more than that. They never seem to be right on.

Matt

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Starting to come down pretty hard here now. Visibility is going down with the wind picking up. Here are a couple pix I just took out the back door of my house. The second one is with the flash on the camera.

Winter 2009 007.jpg

Winter 2009 006.jpg

7. MattR

MattR Senior Member

Go figure... Just watch the weather..same channel.. Now said 6"-10". Early in the day it was at 5"-8" and forcasted amounts slowly went up and probably will a bit more. I am guessing we will get a foot of snow when it is all done.

Matt

8. Dankman

Dankman Junior Member

It is a mess here in north central Illinois.It has been coming down all day with accumulation of about 6-7" on the ground already and more to come in a few hours.Its wet and heavy too. LOve it!!! Keep it comin!payup:drinkup:

9. nchopp

nchopp Junior Member

Gettin' hammered here. Not much accumulation yet (3"-4"), but the wind is just brutal. Heading out in an hour...