1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard wiring harness

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by turbo38sfi, Nov 10, 2009.

1. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

I just read through the installation manual of the 8100PP. Not rocket science. Very straightforward. I'm leaning towards buying the plow and doing the install/assembly myself.

The truck is an 09 Chevy 2500HD. My question is on the wiring harness. Is it plug and play factory and model specific or is there cutting/splicing involved. I didn't see that in the manual at all.

2. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

The new ones with the iso module are close to plug and play. You need to splice into the running lights and turn signals.

3. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

Sounds easy enough....thanks.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

When hooking up the headlights there is an A and B side. Make sure you have it the right way.
    Have fun taking the headlights out. They took something very simple and made it harder.

5. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

On the truck or plow frame?

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

The truck. It's a pain.

7. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

My 06 is so easy. 2 pins and out

8. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

would not remove the lights wayy to hard :laughing:

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

On the 09 Chev there is a 10mm bolt between the bumper and the fender that you need to remove. It is to the side of the signals.
    Don't you have to remove the drivers side lights. I took the air box out on the passenger side on my 09 GMC

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

On the truck.

11. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

Ive tried it both ways and if you are splicing the wires properly with butt connectors its far less frustrating to just pull the headlights out.

12. turbo38sfi

turbo38sfi Senior Member

That's kind of a contradiction...splicing the wires properly is to solder them, not use a butt connector! :jester:

13. timboy

timboy Member
    from Ny

Properly was as opposed to using those wretched little blue scotch locks that hack installers use.