1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard Wireing

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by oldman1922, Nov 6, 2010.

1. oldman1922

oldman1922 Junior Member
    from Canada

Hi

Can anyone Help me?? I just purchased a slightly used 2009 8100PP that I am mounting on a 60hp. 4 wheel drive farm tractor. Have the unit mounted , but I cannot get power to the hand control or hitch switches. I have the main battery harness installed ,and the plow control plugged in to the battery harness. !2 volts hooked up to the small red wire from the key.I do not have the light harness plugged in to the bat. harness because I do not want or need any more lights on the tractor. Do I need jumper wires on this 4 pin plug????? Can anyone help???? If anyone can help a diagram would really help.tymusictymusictymusic

2. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

need to power the wire from the module same as old style park lamp look at schematics hope dd isnt reading

3. oldman1922

oldman1922 Junior Member
    from Canada

Blizzard Wireing

Can you be more specific. Which module :power pack or light? The wiring schematic is not that clear. I have used A Curtis 8ft snow Pro 3000 on this tractor for the last four seasons, together with a 86 inch Normand snow blower on the back end of the tractor. This is a fantastic combination for my purposes. There is nothing that I cannot handle.

4. LTLANDSCAPING

LTLANDSCAPING Member

I know this is an old thread, but were you able to hookup your 810pp to the tractor? Did you frame mount it or did You mount it to the FEL? I have a 60hp Mahindra with a New Holland 74" blower on the back and I have a spare 810 that I want to mount on the front. I was going to frame mount it and use the FEL controls for up/down and left/right. I was going to add a second and third rear remote, run the lines to the front and use the remotes to control the wing operations. Any thoughts comments on this would be appreciated.

5. oldman1922

oldman1922 Junior Member
    from Canada

8100 PP Mounted on farm tractor

Hi
    I frame mounted a blizzard 8100 PP to my 2003 TN 65 D New Holland tractor. I replaced a 8 ft. Curtis that I also had frame mounted. This in my mind is ultimate unit for plowing snow if you do not have to travel long distances to do your route. I also have a 86 inch Normand blower mounted on the back of the tractor. I used the loader hydraulic valve to run the blower chute functions. Therefore the single lever controls up and down on the chute and to the left puts chute to the left and right to the right. I left the Plow electric and bought the joystick control with the flexible cord . I would definitely leave the plow electric. This makes all of the functions work as they should. I think that it would be next to impossible to get all of the hydraulic pressures set properly using the tractor hydraulics. As for a loader mount on my tractor as well as yours I think that the blade would be to heavy for the loader. My blade is tucked right in to the front of the tractor and the whole unit is neat and professional, functional, as well as looks . the tractor is a pleasure to use, turn on the tunes and go.I did not use the lights or bracket as there is lots of lights on the tractor. Not sure how to post pictures,but if you email me I can send you pictures. Or Text them.

Jim jimcheverie@hotmail.com

6. LTLANDSCAPING

LTLANDSCAPING Member

I sent you an email. How does the tractor handle the electric draw from the plow?

7. oldman1922

oldman1922 Junior Member
    from Canada

Electrical draw does not seem to be a problem. I used the stock alternator on the tractor but did replace the battery with the largest one I could get for the tractor. Should not be any different than a pickup truck.