1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Warning

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LINY Rob, Jan 21, 2005.

1. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

Blizzard warning for my area till noon Sunday, worse storms to plow

very windy and cold, hard to keep the windows clean

everyone make some money and get home safe!

2. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I don't think this storm is going to be a blizzard 4 to 6 maybe it coming the wrong way the clipper storms don't have enough moisture in them to make a lot of snow. Big storms come up from the south with lots of moisture.

All the hype on this storm is all the advertisers need to sell all the winter stuff so they can get in their spring stuff. If there isn't a big hyped up storm they have to be sitting on all the skis, snow shovel, sleds and such till next year.

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

This is not a clipper, it just happened to go through Alberta! Its a huge area of energy and its heading straight for the coast and coming togather south of Nantucket, MA. Plenty of Moisture from this, it can only pick up more and its very cold no mixing, enhanced amounts (fluff factor). "When Storms Go to Nantucket, Snow Comes Down in A Bucket". Thats the saying, for what its worth.

10-25" at least!

4. FIREMAN Q

FIREMAN Q Senior Member

Blizzard

the news is saying 12-18 inches in ct. Let it snow Let it snow!!!

5. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

Hmmm, I should prob re-evaluate my pricing structure.

I currently charge a fixed rate for any store between 3"-10". Over 10" I charge the 3"-10" rate plus 50% more.

-John :cool:

6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Yup. I see nothing but money from this storm, hit up all the falg downs too if I have time. :nod: $$$$$$$$$$

7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Here in Northern NJ, NOAA has a Winter Storm Warning for my area, with total snow amounts of 12-18". Time to make some serious money!!! :waving: