1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Warning

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tim Baden, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Tim Baden

Tim Baden Member

for northern lower and eastern UP of michigan through thursday morning.They are talking 10 inches maybe more in some places along with 40-50 mph winds.Talk about some lucky folks.
  2. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Send it south.:bluebounc

Mark K
  3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

we had a gust of 52 mph about 20 minnutes ago here, I think the snow might move south
    payup payup payup payup
  4. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

72mph at Holland Mi, WOW is it windy out there. I was going to go down to the lake to check the waves but it got windy after dark. Would have liked to see 12-15' waves out there.

Up in the up they have had a decent amount of snow already. They are calling for 1-3" for us but little if none will stick as ground temps are still too warm.
  5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

send the snow to ct :drinkup:
  6. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

No, No, No, :nono: send the snow to Washington....Please! :bluebounc

7. Scenic Lawnscape

Scenic Lawnscape Senior Member

every year at this time these winds whip up here in michigan.. remember 28 years ago this time the edmund fitzgerald went down in this weather
  8. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

It would be a BAD night to be on any kind of boat. :eek: It's blowing like crazy here, but no snow yet. Sure looking forward to it though.
  9. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Check the farmers almanac.... it does not look promising thru Dec.2003 Looks like a repeat of last year.
  10. Nuttymopar

Nuttymopar Member
    from Vermont

I'm ready

Put the plow on this morning before heading to work. I don't expect to get much tonight but it is easier to drive across leafs to mount plow then 4 - 6 inches of snow to mount it from where it was staying all summer. Once it starts snowing, then it is in the driveway for the winter. COME ON SNOW... Don't like the thought of high winds though but oh well. Vermont
  11. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

the wind here is crazy, its really cold as well. its been lightly snowing throughout the day, i cant wait for our first real snow fall to come!