1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard warning in Iowa 12/11/10

Discussion in 'Weather' started by 05RedLLY, Dec 11, 2010.

1. 05RedLLY

05RedLLY Junior Member
    from Iowa

Well they issued a blizzard warning for central Iowa today. Who knows what will happen though. As of yesterday afternoon we were just supposed to get rain in Des Moines and this morning blizzard warnings. Ya gotta laugh, they never know what it is going to do here. A meteorologist is the only job in Des Moines that I know of where you can be wrong almost every day and still keep your job. It's all supposed to be over by 9 am Sunday morning. I will try to post an update showing what we really got for snow fall.

2. inside/out

inside/out Junior Member

Michigan

They are calling for 10 - 15" here in northern Michigan from this afternoon till Monday A.M.......time will tell.

3. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Really hoping that the snows going to fall here pretty soon. Im in the des moines area. I woke up at 7 because of my dog and let him out and thought oh crap, cause we weren't even suppose to get an inch and now were suppose to get 5 to 8. So far though its only been rainy ice. I went out already around 8 am and salted all my walkways at my commercial places and thats been about it so far. I am really hoping for some good plowable snow.

4. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

Sounds like later on in the week we are going to get some more to. But who knows thats a long way from now

5. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

It's ironic that it has been almost exactly 1 year ago (it was Dec. 8/9, '09) that we get our first snow which was a monster blizzard. I don't think this one is going to carry as much snow but man it sure has the wind! :redbounce

6. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Finally! we are getting some work. I heard south side of Minneapolis got 21"!:eek::dizzy: