1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard vs Western

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by AllSeasonsAllReasons, Feb 16, 2001.

1. AllSeasonsAllReasons

AllSeasonsAllReasons Junior Member

Hello has anyone used the blizzard line of plows? If so how would you rate them compared to a western?? Thanks for the input... Let it snow
  2. allabout

allabout Member

There was a thread called blizzard try a search.
  3. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

I started a simular thread:

I was interested in people that acutally used them since most of the comments have I have seen are people's statments but...

I haven't found anyone that's really put them through the test of time but I have talked to a few locals here in Connectict that have them and they have had minor issues; no more than any other plow; I am seriously considering one.
  4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

5. GREG R

GREG R Junior Member

I just read the thread that was referred to from above post
    I was going to purchase one of these plows.
    My meyer dealer sells them, when I went to him and asked about it (late fall 2000) he told me not to buy one.
    He has sold three last year and has had all three
    return with problems with the wings being bent
    from hitting objects.
    In order to get the dealership for blizzard he had
    to buy 24 plows from them to start or he could not
    become a dealer for them. He said they are all sitting
    in the back in storage. He will sell them at cost
    with no libility to him or the dealership...
    He also told me they we're having problems with
    meyer v-plow also..I purchased another straight blade.
  6. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

Greg, I don't know what plow isn't going to have trouble when you hit objects; I would think that you would want to be a little careful when having the wings fully out; I would also say that I have read several threads out there about V's and the Blizzards and eveyeone has had little problems so I don't think the Meyers, Western, Boss or Fishers are going to be perfect; Moving parts = problems at some point.

I think any plow is/could have issues, just how you use and mantain your tools.
  7. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Trust me the meyer v plow was a mistake. They recalled all of them.
  8. allabout

allabout Member

Greg what is the COST price the dealer is selling these plows for?
  9. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

My dealer here in NW CT told me he sold 5 this year; he told me he had no more in stock (I wanted to go see one in person) so I am not sure if there are different levels of dealerships; He didn't have have purchase a large quanity. He did tell me that one guy how purchased one was someone who traded in his 1 Year old BOSS V that had given him nothing but issues.

That's where this problem comes into play; I have heard nothing but good things about the BOSS V's and nothing bad about the Blizzards... But this guy (and I am getting his number to talk to him in person and see his configuration) has had nothing but great luck.
  10. GREG R

GREG R Junior Member

I didn't mean to offend anyone here.
    I think blillard has a great idea in
    their hands but need to work on it alittle.
    I have never used one but would love to own one.
    The idea of an expanding plow and wings is the best idea
    I have seem since the v-plow. I don't remember
    (or he might of not told me, my dealer)on the price
    he would let these plows go for but I'll post it
    as soon as I find out. or his phone #
  11. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

I was told $4250 installed. And you didn't offend me... Hell, The only one that could do that is my girlfriend when I look at the credit card bill!! :cool: