1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard vs snoway

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ronhon, Oct 25, 2005.

1. ronhon

ronhon Junior Member

Please help me to choose the right plow

Snoway 32 series - 10' blade with down pressure
    Blizzard 8611

What are the pros and cons?
    Any problems with either blade?

Assuming the price are closed and they both have convenient dealers for services.

I service parking lots for commercial buildings and streets inside the condo townhouses.

Truck info
    Chevy C5500 with Duramax diesel and automatic transmission.

Thanks a lot

2. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

IMO i would go for the 8611 it will be much more useful than the snoway. One you get a foot extra and second the wings will help with clean up and run off when your plowing.

3. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Althought all the guys here swear by the blizzards and their funtionality, I am very fond of the clear snoways. Personally unless i thought I ABSOLUTLEY needed the features of a blizzard would go with a snoway ,particulary a v plow

4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

Its a no brainer............blizzard

5. scotty2222

scotty2222 Member
    from MI

ronhon
    Wow big difference in plows the Sno-way weighs in at 740 and the blizzard weighs in 1470. I say that one of them is twice the plow. I just put a Blizzard 810 on this year an I can tell the difference between this one and the old plow(Meyer C7.5 with pro wings)

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

All things being equal, they aren't. The Sno-way is a straight blade, the Blizzard is a straight blade with moveable wings--from inside the cab--that can be used to carry snow as well as windrow. With the leading edge wing angled forward, your productivity is increased by at least 30%.

You won't need the downpressure, because as stated, the Blizzard is heavy enough to scrape better than any plow I've seen, other than underbody scrapers. I would also be concerned about how light that plow is in front of that heavy of a truck.

7. ronhon

ronhon Junior Member

Does anybody choose Snoway because of its 5 years warranty?

8. Mark Oomkes

I was just talking about warranties with a dealer yesterday. I am probably a little jaded in my thinking, but other than the pump what does the warranty cover? If you hit something and the moldboard, mount, a-frame or whatever breaks, they aren't going to cover it. Most things are going to be blamed on abuse, IMO. I could very well be wrong, I just don't think there is too much to actually be warrantied that the manufacturer will cover.

ProTech has a lifetime warranty on their pushers. Big deal, push a sidewall in, it wasn't designed for that, I pay to get it straightened. The only items that need replacement are the edges and shoes and those are wear items not covered by the warranty.

9. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Trust me, there is no comparison. I will tell you this if you buy the snow way you will be kickin yourself later. Just watch!

10. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

go with the blizzard.

11. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

go blizzard 8611 or your shoot yourself in the foot later for not doing so.

12. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Everyone knocks sno-way until they own one! We have one on a 14500 # dumptruck, three seasons going strong, no problems at all! Did you hear about our 2 day blast last january? 30 + inches of snow, sno-way system stacks snow over 6' no problem!.

13. Mark Oomkes

Nobody said it was a bad plow, just that the Blizzard is more efficient.

14. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

watch the Blizzard video. My local Blizzard dealer sells both, and he makes no secret of the fact that he thinks the Blizzard is much better.