1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard vs Sno Way

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by daypilk, Nov 20, 2012.

1. daypilk

daypilk Junior Member

Hi all
    I am looking at getting either a Blizzard 7' ice chaser or 8' sno way electric v box.
    Any thoughts on either. Pros/Cons?
    It is for a med/lg parking lot at our golf club. We will be using a salt sand mix.
    Thanks for any input.
  2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Well both have their pros and cons. Snoway salters unlike their plows are actually pretty heavy duty . If you are spreading salt/sand I would go with an 8ft GAS snoway. The electric tend to be a little weak if you get a real wet mix. If it has to be electric I still think you would have less issue with the snoway as I feel the plastic hoppers (Blizzard, western, fisher) do not handle sand all that well, but are great for salt.

3. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

If your only going to be using it at one place why not get a smaller unit like a 3/4 yard? Sno way is the only way to go. Gas or electric both work great!