1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard vs. other plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bobshm, Dec 10, 2005.

1. bobshm

bobshm Junior Member

I had the opportunity yesterday to plow with an 8' Fisher. We needed an extra truck so I borrowed one from a friend. My truck has a Blizzard 810 on it's second season. I would suggest that anyone who plows commercial properties try an 810. I had forgotten how many extra passes are needed to clean up with a straight blade, and how much quicker the hydraulics are on the 810. It would not be exxagerating to say that I reduced my time on a property by 30%. I've had V-plows too, and while they are great for clean up, they are smaller than the Blizzard and I found them to be fragile. As an analogy, imagine plowing a property with a tractor and bucket, then jumping in to a skidsteer and doing the same job.
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

I agree with that..:nod:
  3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Stupid question but what is the difference in a Blizzard plow compared to the others? We have no dealer for them around here & I have NEVER seen one except for some pictures on here! Just curious...Maybe I should be trying to find a dealer the way it sounds!
  4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

I have jumped off a John Deere 310 B tractor with a bucket into a 753 bobcat . There was no comparason, the John deere traveled faster , pushed more , and lifted higher . I couldnt get out of the bobcat fast enough .
  5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Watch the video....
  6. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek Member
    from Ky

And Fisher just bought Blizzard . If you can't beat em .................buy em
  7. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Hydraulic speed

My sno-way hydraulics cylce faster than my fisher or curtis.
  8. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Not that it makes much differance but, Douglas Dynamics, who owns Fisher and Western, bought Blizzard. I wish they would put a blizzard extendable blade with a Fisher mm style hookup and headgear setup. Oh well.
  9. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Blizzard 810s are great for parking lots, especially if you have a dually, I see people with 9' blades on duallys and they are still puting their wheels in the snow at full angle. The 10' really helps yet it can also scoop and be a conventional 8' straight blade. Iam not one who thinks blizzard is the only good plow, but there are some situations where they are almost "the only way to go".
  10. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

i'll probly catch crap for this but i wish they would change the color from white to fisher yellow. I've always liked the look of a yellow plow hanging on the front of a black truck
  11. DaveOhio

DaveOhio Member

The 810 sounds as good as my Meyer c-8 with pro wings. Ran off a Monarch fan belt drive. Great Blade. Made the truck age quickly, though.

Three Blizzards in W Akron/Copley/Bath. No dealers out this way that I know of.

We run Vees, but I would not rule out another Myer C-8 with Wings. Blizzards cost too much, save the $$$ for your first Trannie rebuild.