1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard users..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnowGodFather, Oct 16, 2003.

1. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

What controller are you using for your 810 or 8611?

I am not to fond of just the rocker switch model, so I have a choice of the touch pad, joy stick/ rocker switch combo, and skid steer handel.

If you are wondering, you can hold the skid steer model in your hand like the wentern cab commander. It's a little pricey to buy, but coveinence while plowing is a good thing after 20 hours of pushing buttons and moving levers....

Well those are my options what are you using and liking?
  2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I've got the joystick, I like it a lot. It is pretty sensitive so it takes some getting used to. I strap it to the center cushion and fold the center console down, my hand just rests on the stick. This is in an '01 F-350.
  3. jpl

jpl Member
    from ct.

I like the joystick/rocker switch combo
  4. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

We also have the joystick w/ rockers for wings. I think it is going to be nice, haven't plowed with it yet, but it will be nice. I am going to make a mount for it to sit on the door, but right now it is on the front of the center console.
  5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Played around with another switch in the skidder model for the up down. Trigger style. Got to get the wing switches relocated for convenience and turn them 180deg so they go side to side. Jerre

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

After thinking about this post, and going to Holland Snowplow and looking at my options, I am going to send back the touchpad. I dont think I can do it without looking at it each time. I am going to get the rockers, and probably not the joystick either. I am toying with the idea of building a box like my Boss' V controls, and just add the necessary switces where they feel best.

I personally would like four switches, in a small box like Boss', the top two placed up and down, the bottom two side to side.
  7. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

I have the rocker switches,I would like to try the joystick.
  8. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Also here with the rockers, thinking I would like to try the joystick.