1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BLIZZARD tripping too easy

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by paponte, Dec 8, 2003.

1. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Any Blizzard owners find that the plow trips way too easy? Used an 810 for the first time, and it was tripping on iced tire tracks. It's not like it tripped and popped back up either. It would trip, and pretty much go under the truck. Had to back up in order to get it out.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had the same experience. I am going to try and tighten the cr@p out of the springs and see if it makes any difference. :cool:

2. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Conditions like you say will most likely make any plow trip and stay tripped while pushing. Tightening the springs will not help. You will just end up ruining your springs. The only real good way to help the problem is add more springs. Still not the best to do either. The plows are designed for "basic" conditions. Your's may be more severe. Honestly, adding a spring or two will help if you continually have to work in these conditions. Good Luck.

3. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Any change in the trip action. Some ice from tire tracks should not be causeing a trip and stay down action unless the attack angle that clean so well is too steep.

Lets us know what happen?

4. paponte

paponte Senior Member

That's how I feel. I can see tripping and popping back up, but not going under. I toghtened the springs up a little, just have to wait for some snow now. :(