1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BLIZZARD... the CADILLAC of Snowplows!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Rob Hausrath, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Rob Hausrath

Rob Hausrath Member

Well folks... here it is... possibly the ultimate vehicle if you want to plow in the lap of luxury!

And yes, it is for real... see additional pictures under the "Pictures Forum".:waving:

This is a fully equipped 2003 Cadillac Escalade EXT with a Blizzard Model 760LT Straight Blade Snowplow. It has the optional Blizzard Straight Blade Touch-Pad Controller and Timbren Load Boosters up front to help that Caddy sit up tall and mighty!
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2003
  2. Rob Hausrath

Rob Hausrath Member

Here's the pic...

3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Lame- very lame. Cant believe it has come down to this!

Chuck B.
  4. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

thats pretty ******** spend that much money on a caddy just to beat it up plowing... woulda been better to just buy an older truck and put it on there... ofcourse seeing as the same pic is posted in more that one forum on here it just seems to be another plug for a dealer...

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

looks like the ultimate pimp ride

maybe they could put some gold plating on the blade

whats next 24" with some vogues

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

The truck is a Cadillac... not the snowplow.
  7. Rob Hausrath

Rob Hausrath Member

The whole intent here was to show you guys what some people are doing with trucks that might be a little out of the "typical plow truck" realm.

Some business owners might find it useful to know that they can put a plow on an Escalade, Denali, or whatever vehicle that they might personally drive so that when they are out checking on their crews they can clean up the random drift, etc.

As far as multiple post, this one was put here for info. The remainder of the pics were put in the "Pictures Forum" where they belong. I do plenty of advertising to support the products that I sell. I am only trying to be a contributing member of the community.

Is this the truck that I would recommend for plowing? No!

But if you have it, and could use a plow, well why not.

And yes, the truck is a Cadillac, the plow is a Blizzard. It wasn't my intent to qualify the plow as meeting or exceeding Cadillac's reputation for quality, as each person here has their own opinion based on experience, dealer service, etc. I just thought it was a cute title.

Just trying to share something that is a little unusual while also exposing my customers to plowsite.com.

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

:) Nice Rob! Good idea to eliminate an additional vehicle. I wish I could find a plow for my wife's 97 Grand Cherokee!
  9. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Rob, I was not talking about the plow or truck. I was refering to the topic and where it was posted.

Of course, this is just my opinion. I dont see how thread is benifical to the Snowplowing Discussion forum! Maybee the word I sould have used was Tacky.:D

Chuck B.
  10. Approximately $43,000 for a 2002 at the Auction.:rolleyes:
  11. Radguy

Radguy Member

Someone with that kinda money should either have, someone plow thier driveway for them or have another vehicle to plow:jester:
  12. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

I think it would be great for some upscale neighborhoods, and a feller might as well be comfortable while plowing!:D

13. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Well the BLIZZARD is the CADILLAC of snow plows. Very nice work.. It always feels good to be the first to do something out of the ordinary.

Very well done.

14. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

haaaaaa wish i had a digital camara with last year some clown had a plow on a hummer and to top it off he was stuck i pulled him out
  15. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

thanks for cross posting, I needed to see that piece of [insert explative here] once more.

$45k for a plow truck

some people have more $$ then brains
  16. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Forget it, I dont even want to talk about it anymore. Seems like there are some people who sell Blizzards that have very big ego's. IMO!

Chuck B.
  17. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Ok, now I want to talk about it. Posting in this thread and bragging about what kind of plow you install, seems childish to me. You can talk about how great you, and your plow are, in the off topic forum.

I believe Boss, Western, Snoway, Daniels, Hinker, Curtis, Meyers and many others, also make plows that work quite well. So keep the advertizing down to a minimum, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chuck B.
  18. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Snoworks I think your out in left field, I don't think that was the intent of theis post, I didn't take it as advertising, but something interesting, and different to look at, if someone's installed a hinker on a Cadillac, I'd like to see that to! Up here a New Dodge 3500 SRW runs about $54K, so even the price doesn't seem that high to me.

19. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i like seeing a different kind of plowtruck suck as a caddy truck like that one. its not the average plow truck and not one seen everyday. i would think they would install a sno-way on the caddy for the weight though

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i have no problem with the post

it wasnt like the other blizzard dealer that had 25 pictures posted in one day including a plow on a 2004f-150 that want even hooked up .then the picture was swapped with an f-250
    same color same location to make you beleive it was on the f-150