1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Stuck On My Ride

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by First Responder, Feb 21, 2013.

1. First Responder

First Responder Senior Member
    from 48015

Have Blizzard 8600SW, bought it this year, on 05 Ford F-350. The problem is sometimes it doesn't want to come off the truck. There is no rhyme or reason, I have had it at dealer twice and it works perfect for them, anytime i get it home can't get off the truck. Dealer replaced switch & a pinched wire. I just don't get it? Anyone else have same issues? BTW, have plowed for over 20yrs with western, love the Blizzard!!!!!

2. Grambo170

Grambo170 Junior Member

I have the same plow same problem, Took it back to the service center as I wasn't able to get the arm to release, The mechanic replaced the toggle switch on the plow and works fine now. I know you said the switch was replaced Just saying that was the problem with mine.

3. First Responder

from 48015

Its just crazy that it works fine at the service center....but i cant get it off after i plow...lol....i guess until i know we r snow free for a few days, i am going to bring it back in for service.....

4. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

How hard are you running into the piles? Maybe the latch has a broken pin or a torn part. Does the motor try and work?

5. dstrbd1

dstrbd1 Junior Member

had same problem also, I pulled the wires off the back of both switches and sprayed brake cleaner and works fine now

6. First Responder

from 48015

Thanks for the info dstrbd1!!!! Been up 36hrs n just came in to take a nappy....possibly out again tonight....so as soon snow system passes i will give that a try!!!! I will let ya know fixes the issues. Thanks again!!!!