1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Straight Blade Upgrades

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by maxslights, Dec 24, 2011.

1. maxslights

maxslights Member

I just purchased a new 8600HD for my F250 and I am quite impressed with the build. It is in fact better built than the old style plow my friend has. I do like Blizzard Plows and I have heard the down sides of them, however, what do you folks do to "upgrade" items on your plows. Just thinking in terms of extending plow life and even truck life.
  2. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

I have a few of both the "old style pre-DD" plows and the "new style DD" plows and I really can believe that you think the new Blizzard plows are built better than the old. I have 2 of the old 860HD's and 1 new 8600HD and there is no way that the new style is built better than the old. Just look at the A-Frame and you can tell which is a beefier set-up. Not to mention the hassle with the light tower coming off, the undercarriage is weaker....I can go on and on, Run both of them for half a season and then lets see which one you think is built better.
  3. maxslights

maxslights Member

Well that's just what I have noticed. And I some what agree with the light tower comment. I would like to leave mine on sometimes but can't.