1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard stacking height.

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ThisIsMe, Dec 7, 2006.

1. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I put the Blizzard 810 on the truck today for the remainder of the winter. One thing I am wondering about is stacking height. With the plow raised fully I can only see less then 2" of the plow above the hood line ( '06 Dodge Ram 2500 here ).

I do remember hearing about checking the limits on the plow height, but have no idea how to check or look for this. Any ideas? Just looking to make sure it is getting as high as possible.

The Fishers I can see more then half the plow above the hood line. I knew this to be a disadvantage of the Blizzards when I purchased, but this much?

Or should I just shut up and not worry about it?

Chris

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Lift height is just a few mod's away. 31" to the bottom of the cutting edge.

Jerre

P.S. torch and welder required and none of those guys against plastic trimcutting whiners either

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Why are you going to leave it on the truck, it comes off and goes on in like 2 minutes?

4. BDEMOTT

BDEMOTT Senior Member

The plow was stacking just as high as my cousins fisher HD last year, if not higher. It seems to roll the snow up the pile better than what i have seen with the fisher. Also put it in the scoop position and you could ski down the pile.

5. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

So I have to whine and cut plastic to get the plow go higher? :)

31" Sounds better. I will have to check what mine is at now. BRB

Thanks,
    Chris

6. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Mostly because I am lazy........ :) Well that and the truck does not go out that much during the winter. Plus I do the inverted; if I need it it without the plow, it only takes 2 minutes to take off. :)

Chris

7. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Are you seeing the same height about the hood?

By rolling off, I think you are referring to the greater curve on the mold board causing it to get up higher??? Maybe I should just wait and see. Never plowed with it yet, I was just being overly concerned.

Thanks,
    Chris

8. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

when mine is full up i cant see over it to drive. :eek:

9. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

to me it stacked snow just as high as my western did and maybe higher i Guss i don't know.

10. SnowGuy73

Ahh, 10-4 good buddy.

11. SnowGuy73

Who is "Guss" ?

12. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

When mine is all the way up I'm looking under it. Makes for good airflow to the radiator ;>

13. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

OK I give up. I better take some measurements and some pics and let you guys see if my plow is getting high enough.

Time to get off my butt.

Chris

14. cowboysfan

cowboysfan Junior Member

Well wheres the pics

15. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 Senior Member

My 810 showed no problems stacking pretty high in the one storm i have used it in. As my plow pushes deep into the pile it will raise a bit above where it sits in the "full up" position.

I dont think you will be disappointed.

16. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

I have never been satisified with the stacking height of the 810, but I was use to my boss V. The 810 will push alota snow so that does make up for stacking for me. We are so far behind on snow this year so it isn't an issue at all. Only plowed 3 times, this sucks!

17. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Remember a PLOW is for PUSHING snow and NOTHING will move as much snow and as fast sa a 810 will. Yes, you can make a pile but if you are looking for something that will stack mountains you might want the right tool for the job and get a load of some type.

Here are some piles from a 810 what more do you want??

000_0154.jpg

000_0156.jpg

000_0151.jpg

18. iakentdoz

iakentdoz Senior Member

Another pic of Blizzard stacking snow!

My picture of my truck and plow stacking snow. wesport

011607a.jpg

011607e.jpg

011607b.jpg

19. Ice Scream

Ice Scream Member

It is faster to do it with a truck for me. I love the 810 for more open areas, just not tight areas or places that I have limited room for pushing. For me it doesn't pay to run a loader out. People do not pay much in my area. I only have one other person I bid against for jobs.

20. plowboy21

plowboy21 Member

:help: how do u get the plow to lift higer

and does it work on the blizzard 860 speedwing