1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard SS question????

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Mike S, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

My skid loader is equip with the attachment control kit so how do I hook it up instead of using thier hook up with the additional joystick?
  2. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I don't think you can. Their controller has 6 different movements between the 3 toggle switches. I don't think any ss has that many extra buttons on the pilot joysticks. I usually leave the controller between my legs while plowing although it isn't the best setup
  3. Dynamecc

Dynamecc Junior Member
    from Montana

I ran the joystick from my 810ss into the cab on my Toolcat and used hose clamps to secure the Blizzard joystick to the Bobcat joystick. That way you don't have to fumble between two different joysticks, lift arm controls and plow controls are all in the same place. It works great.
  4. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I believe you need the 12 pin hook up on your loader arm, to eliminate the Blizzard controller. Cost's about 1200 (I think) for the upgrade on a Bobcat. I talked to Jerre about it last fall, he said it was not a big deal if you allready have the 12 pin.
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

7 pin will work, but you will need to have the wiring diagram and a new manifold from Bobcat installed to control the plow. It is well worth the roughly $1200 to have it done IMO.

I have one on my Toolcat and used the Blizzard joystick for the first part of the winter last year. Royal PITA I thought. Can't even imagine how difficult it is on a SS. Switched it over and made it much, much easier and productive.

And now it will run on any SS with a 7 pin connector, not stuck with the controller being on 1 machine that is broken down or whatever.

If you ask nicely, I can probably even dig up the part numbers.
  6. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Thank you. I knew it could be done.
  7. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Had the upgrade done to the New Hollad LS180 at the dealer just after first picked it up. That was after the hand controller upgrade which was a mistake as I ended up paying the labor twice. Should of had it done when the SS was ordered. Once you have the 12 pin (which I recommend over the 7 pin) installed on the SS side it works great for many other attachments too. Cost for jus the 12pin upgrade was about $1,500.00 and worth evey penny.

Running the 8611SS on the New Holland has been a pleasure and last season made us some serious $$$$$$$.

Added a Harly rake this spring and only cost me about $280. to add the plug side for the attachment left/right from the cab using the 12 pin connector.

Good luck,

Ron G.