1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard spreader questions

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by kcplowman, Nov 27, 2009.

1. kcplowman

kcplowman Member

Im gettin ready to buy a spreader here pretty soon and I need one that will fit in a f250 with a short bed. Well a local dealer has a blizzard unit in stock and it is the 1.5 yd unit. Im kinda thinkin that I like the looks of it so far. Anothe dealer has a 1.3yd buyes stainless unit and a 7' fisher procaster all three units are fairly close in price. Is the blizzard picky about the material you put through it cause I know that the fisher and the buyers units are gonna do fine with anything. I guess I am just a little worried about the electric and weather it can handle the job or not. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. THanks

2. 3311

3311 Senior Member

Check to see if that is a 2009 model. If it is you will be fine with any material. The new unit has two electric motors. One for the drag chain and one for the spinner.

3. kcplowman

kcplowman Member

Thanks, I will be sure and check for that.

4. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Is the Blizzard unit your looking at buying at Smitty's in Olathe?

5. kcplowman

kcplowman Member

Yes sir. Have you delt with them before? I just spoke to someone on the phone I haven't been up there to take a look yet.

6. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Ask for Tom Diltz. Tell him Brian's Lawn sent you. EXCELLENT SERVICE. Tom is a bend over backwards for you guy. I buy alot of my equipment there.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The electric motors are fine. The older PolyCasters spread all materials just fine.

8. kcplowman

kcplowman Member

Thanks, will do. It is always nice to get a referal to a sales man.