1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Speedwing question!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by North Town, Oct 26, 2008.

1. North Town

North Town Junior Member
    from Ontario

I'm looking at purchasing a 2005 8'6" speedwing, not to familiar with them and wanted to know if they are reliable or am I taking a chance buying a 3 year old plow? Also how is the speedwing compared to a straight blade?
  2. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

The 860sw. is a great plow. Mine has been good to me for the last 2 seasons. As far as the reliability of a three year old plow it is a case by case thing. If it has been taken care of and maintained it should be just fine. The sw. sells for close to the same price as most straight blades the same size. I don't think you can compare it though. For plowing lots and the ability to put the snow where you want it the sw. has a big advantage. If you want to use a straight blade you can always pin back the wings! The sw. has the advantages of the power plow with a few less parts ,and less weight on the truck. GoodLuck, Shaun