1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Speedwing mounted to Boss A-frame?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by famouslee99gt, Dec 30, 2012.

1. famouslee99gt

famouslee99gt Member

I have operated a Blizzard LT8000 before and thought it was the biggest pile of crap. I own a Boss Super Duty 7.5' straight blade and love it. I have ProWings on it for the added width and scooping/windrowing capabilites.

But then I see/hear about the Blizzard Speedwing and like the concept of the mechanical wings, yet I hate the controls of a Blizzard. I didn't think that they have much lift and didn't like the controller. On my Boss, I can double tap the up button, and it'll raise on its on, or I can double tap the down button and it'll go into float and drop without having the hold the button. Just seems like an easier controller. Plus I like my Boss smart hitch 2.

I was curious if anyone has ever done or considered mounting a Blizzard Speedwing moldboard to a Boss A-frame? And no, I'm not gonna completely replace my setup with a complete Blizzard plow or switch over to a V-blade....barely use plow as it is it seems.

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Why bother? Seems like a waste of time trying to fab a totally different mold board to a totally different frame. Just be happy and don't let your OCD get in the way. :laughing:

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

If you only plow occasionally keep it simple and save your cash. Run the Boss with wings.

4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Bring it over, we don't have any snow in sight, we'll have it ready by the end of the week.

To have it by the end of the week though, let's start with a Boss Vee pump and controller - I'm pretty sure the harness are the same for straight and Vee but if not, parts are right down the road. Bring that Boss straight blade and the Blizzard, some pepsi, pizza and sausage mcmuffins.

You can do anything, sometimes the question is why?

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I used a speedwing for 5 seasons. It is an expensive plow to maintain but it's productivity is amazing.
    I used the joystick controller cause I hate handhelds.Most of my problems were cylinders, a frame welds, cables and cutting edges, never pump/motor related. I would own one again if they would fix their canadian pricing. If you want one for a project let me know, it's sinking into the ground behind the shop. $1000