1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard speed wing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by johnnyusa, Aug 30, 2014.

1. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

A friend of mine said that a blizzard speed wing has down pressure on it as long as you dont lower blade too far down and it drops into the float position. Is that true/ any help would be great

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No. Not true unless he added it aftermarket it is not an option

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

It'd be nice, but no.

4. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

when i lower plow down it wont lift up meaning the pistons are locked down unless i keep pressing controller and i go into the float position i would think you'd get a better scrape or back blade scraping

5. dieselss

What?......

6. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

on a blizzard speed wing by lowering the plow down all the way and holding the button for a few seconds longer the plow goes into float and float light comes on and the float feature allows the plow to float up and down . i was told that if you lower plow and let off button b4 u go to float the plow scrapes way better because plow is being held down and not able to float up and down

7. dieselss

Yes and no. It's gotta be flat concrete for that to work. And it's not only for the speedwing

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

NO.

Its a drop and hold, NO down presure is added. Its no diffrent when a chain lift.

Provided the rear tire was was to go up a incline, that may hold some DP against the blade and that's about it.

Most of time the truck would be back-dragging and the front would rise and lift the blade.

9. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

i guess drop and hold is better than no hold and float when back dragging. im gonna call jerres out of pennsylvania and inquire about installing down pressure

10. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Add a pull (back) plow. You'll never be sorry.

11. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Get a clue.

12. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Not a hard mod, but no the blade will lift from the factory, nothing holds it to the push beam.

13. johnnyusa

johnnyusa Member
    from ct

thanks Moped Jeff