1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Sold Out!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by landman, Dec 9, 2002.

1. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

Well, decided to take the plunge and went to buy a Blizzard 8611 to mount on our backhoe. The dealer said he couldn't get anymore this year cause Blizzard only makes a certain amount of plows each year and the ones they have in stock are already sold to other dealers. Oh well guess i'll just have to go buy a Protech now.

2. Jay ALC

Jay ALC Senior Member

Yes, it seems they sell out every year becuase they only produce a certain amount. Same thing happened here last season. Must mean something though that they sell every one even though they keep uping production numbers each season I believe. ;)

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I bought one of the last ones available last season. Their parts suppliers, especially the manifold producers, can only make so many parts, this is what I was told by Blizzard last year.

4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Landman, There are still some 8611's available. No full hydraulic units though only electric hydraulic. New manifolds are in the works to make the 8611 a full hydraulic option for next year.

There are dealers in the network with plows also you just have to be paitent enough to wait for your dealer to track them down for you. Shipping charges will be according to how far they have to send them.

Jerre

5. jpl

jpl Member
    from ct.

blizzard plows

landman, connecticut dealer has 10 , 810 blizzards left no 8611's
    e-mail me for name and number seaside203@aol.com

6. Snow Biz Inc.

Snow Biz Inc. Junior Member

Edited out... NO unsponsored advertising please.

7. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think this qualifies as advertising.... guys are just helping others locate product....

8. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Blizzard Sold Out.

no unsponsored advertising

9. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

My Blizzard dealer up here is selling the remaining 810's he has for $4795.00 installed. Keep in mind that I am in Alaska and will most likely have a higher cost because of shipping but was wondering how this compares to the lower snow states?

10. jpl

jpl Member
    from ct.

Maverick,

Thats right in the ball park. Connecticut dealers are selling for the same . Little less for cash and carry

11. John Allin

Unfortunately, MSRP is several hundred less than that, which doesn't make one feel too good.....

12. dieseldave

dieseldave Junior Member
    from avon,ma

JOHN , THE PRICE OF 4795.00 SAID INSTALLED. THE MSRP OF A 810 IS 4395.00 AND IT LOOKS LIKE 400.00 FOR INSTALLATION. WHICH ISN'T A BAD DEAL. IT TAKES A FULL DAY TO ASSEMBLE AND INSTALL A 810 BY A SKILLED TECH THAT WON'T BUTCHER YOUR TRUCK.

13. Snow Biz Inc.

Snow Biz Inc. Junior Member

no unsponsored advertising.

14. jonmeyer

jonmeyer Junior Member

BLIZZARD PLOWS

I PUT 5 810'S ON MY FLEET AND THEY HAVE CUT MY TIME DOWN BY OVER 33% ON BIG LOTS V.S. A 9'2" BOSS V.

(NO UNSPONSORED ADVERTISING)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2003
  15. John Allin

Lose the CAPS guys....
    Here, that's considered SHOUTING....

16. landman

landman Senior Member
    from NJ

guess i'll wait til next year, I have currently talked to a guy I know and it turns out he lost a very large account and has 4 protechs available and I might buy one for a great price. I guess after John Allin toured the Blizzard factory he bought up all the remaing stock.lol!

17. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Sold out.

no unsponsored advertising

18. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Hartford Truck Equip, has at least 6 810's still in stock.
    4400.00 installed. Ask for Pat.
    Dino

19. jpl

jpl Member
    from ct.

Larese Enterprises in Wallingford also has 8, 810's left

20. brad welch

brad welch Member

IAM A BLIZZARD DEALER WITH AN 810 LEFT FROM THIS YEAR FOR 4100 CASH AND CARRY OR 4500 INSTALLED E ME IF INTERESTED AT mooseozby@sbcglobal.net