1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard Snowfoil Question

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by SnowStooge3, Jul 30, 2005.

1. SnowStooge3

SnowStooge3 Junior Member

Does the blizzard snowfoil really work? Can it be adapted to other snowplows, like western,meyers & fisher? Got any idea what they cost? I appreciate all info you can give. Thanks

2. PSDF350

PSDF350 Senior Member

cost is about 150. yes it really does work. dont know about adapting to other plows but if your handy i'm sure you could.

3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Why not buy the Snow deflector for your plow from the manufacture of the plow ? They all make them to fit there own blades. Sno Foils are different then deflectors. Blizzard makes a deflector.
    Todd

4. SnowStooge3

Deflector

I plan on getting a snow deflector to help control the air, but still need to channel more air to the radiator to aid in cooling. My other plans are to scrap my 2 core & go to a 4 core radiator, & add a tranny cooler rated for a 26,000 lb truck. Everytime i took it out last winter, i was living on the edge of boilover. (angled right & 2" off the road) Thanks for all ideas.

5. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

Yes, The air deflectors work well. They cost about $100.00. You mount them on top of the Blizzard plow and adjust the angle. The air will flow right into the radiator. I have installed them on several plows the customers said they work great.

6. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

What truck do you have??? more info might let someone make suggestions...

7. cjc810

cjc810 Member
    from RI

I have installed them on Fords 1999-205 F250-F350-F550s with 8611 plows and 810 plow set ups. The 8611 rises over the top of the hood when raised up. This air deflector solved the heating issue.

8. SnowStooge3

88 F-150

I have an 1988 F-150 XLT Lairiat with a 5.8 351, 7.5' western ultramount plow & those dumb flange mount hubs. It had AC that would have worked if i had it recharged, but i took the condenser off. I like the wind in whats left of my hair anyway.

9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

SnowStooge3:
    Make sure your fan clutch is working, the fan should not be turnable by hand when it's hot (and not running). It should be "roaring"(engine) when it's hot. You describe a common Ford problem with plow trucks. Try running at 50 or 45 MPH on the highway or running the vent or A/c on high when it gets close to overheating. Try different plow angles too. Make sure snows not blocking the grill when it's cold and powder snow.
    My Dad owned plow trucks since 1973 and it's always been a problem with (close to overheating) with each truck.