1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

blizzard /sno -way plows for 4x4 Ranger

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Turf Commando, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Anyone, here have any idea, what I can expect to pay for their (Lightweight) sport utility plows (new)...?

2. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare Member

The Blizzard would probably run you about $3000 for a 680LT, which is the biggest I would put on a Ranger.

3. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

SnoWay 22 Series 6'8" w/DP would probably run about 3000-3500 installed. One thing to be mindful of, is with these small plows comes little weight. SnoWays down pressure system will be priceless to you, it greatly improves your scrapeing ability as well as backdragging.

4. festerw

festerw Senior Member

^ what he said only I'd run a 7'6" 22 series if it's 99-08. A 7'6" ST series if it's an 83-98, since the weights between the 6'8" and 7'6" is negligible.

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I agree.

I agree again, although you would have to look around to find a ST series as they are no longer available at the factory level.

6. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

between 3000-3800 in my area for these id go with the blizzard back when i had my s10 thats what i was going to buy b4 i came up on a used unimount that fit it but i jst felt like the blizzard was a little stronger and im looking to trade my truck in for a newer ranger and thats what i will be putin on if i do a 720lt...good luck and post pics once u buy

7. Ferti-man

Ferti-man Junior Member

Ranger and plowing

I have a 97 Ranger 4x4 w/ auto. Have any of you used a plow ont his truck and if so, how did the transmission do? I am worried about the trans problems I have heed about and do not want to have to rebuild it!!! :eek: Your thoughts are appreciated!!!