1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Blizzard shoe box controller blowing fuse

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by blaster, Feb 10, 2014.

1. blaster

blaster Junior Member

Never had any problems with this plow. This year it doesn't like to turn left when down raising it up it works fine any ideas? Any help would be appreciated
    THANKS

2. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Not sure what plow you are dealing with-but if you have a toggle on the pump box for your power hitch, check the wiring behind it. Has caused me problems before.

3. blaster

blaster Junior Member

Its a 2004 8 10 plow

4. cl733

cl733 Senior Member
    from Canada

Its only a ten amp fuse to power the box, so its pretty easy to pop, my blade was knocking them out pretty frequently last winter , I ended up pulling out the main harness and splitting the loom open, down near the plow end I found where the lift solenoid wire had crossed over a ground wire, and when conditions were right it would take out a fuse, they had squeezed them selves together so tight they had the insulation cut right through, not saying that's what you got going on there but none the less you have something going to ground and need to try and isolate your problem